What we offer
Established in 1985, Baileys has always incorporated a holiday rentals department within our very busy Estate Agency business. We recently felt that this should be given a higher profile and so now ‘Baileys Holiday Homes’ has been created with a new interactive website to enhance the experience for both owners and guests.
Our experience regarding holiday rentals, sales and long term lettings is unrivalled locally. Right from the start we decided that we would limit the area we cover to include West and East Wittering, Bracklesham Bay, Itchenor, Selsey and generally south of Chichester. This was because we wanted to be very hands on with our guests and owners with the ability to be able to fix any small issues that may arise such as heating or electrical problems within a very short time.
Our contractors only work locally, so they’re immediately available to ensure that problems can be sorted out quickly with little or no disruption to the guest’s holiday. Our team has a huge pool of local knowledge to pass on and our close attention has enabled us to achieve an excellent and unrivalled reputation that our team is rightly very proud of.
If you are not using your property a great deal and are thinking of making it available for holiday rentals we can discuss the possibilities with you. Firstly, not all properties will be financially viable for holiday rentals and we would be able to advise you regarding this immediately. You may also worry that you will not be able to use your own property often as you have to make it available 100% of the time. This is not the case. You will be able to block out any dates for your own use and we will offer the remaining dates for sale.
We fully manage all of our properties, this involves:
- Advising you of the best way of presenting your property in order to maximise your bookings.
- Making sure that you are legally compliant with the necessary safety and fire regulations, eg, arranging for gas and electrical safety certificates. You need to make sure that the property insurance covers you for holiday lettings with public liability cover.
- We can recommend local contractors that may be needed to help maintain your property such as cleaners, gardeners, window cleaners, decorators and general maintenance trades people. If you have your own housekeeper or contractors we would be very pleased to liaise directly with them.
- Manage all of the marketing including on our own website as well as Airbnb, Trip Advisor and Holidaylettings.co.uk. If you would prefer not to make your property available on some or any of these third party websites that is fine, this is your choice.
- Our website marketing involves having professionally taken internal and external photographs, the inclusion of floor plans showing the position of beds, location plans and increasingly 360’ virtual viewing videos so guests have full knowledge of the properties before they book.
- Making the bookings and advising guests. We send a copy of the booking conditions which includes a restriction on the maximum amount of guests allowed to stay and our Terms and Conditions.
- Collecting the deposits, balances and arranging holiday cancellation insurance.
- Taking damage deposits – your property is checked before any refunds are made.
- Arranging with our cleaners to carry out change over and pre-season cleans.
- Liaising with our linen suppliers to supply and then make up beds between change overs.
- Key collection.
- Arranging for urgent repairs or maintenance to be carried out.
- Offering a 24 hour emergency service for guests.
- Payment. Your statement of account will be sent at the end of each month and this will include your income less any costs incurred for cleaners, linen, repairs, servicing and our commission which is 18% plus VAT. We take nothing from you until we have completed any booking of your property, the only exception is a set-up fee of £200 plus VAT for initial marketing.